Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
The Project Manager role has a primary responsibility to help the self-organizing, self-managing scrum team achieve its goals. This is accomplished primarily by teaching and coaching, and proactively identifying and eliminating impediments while facilitating the work flow.
The Project Manager has all the responsibilities of a traditional Project Manager, plus exhibits expertise in Scrum practices. The Project Manager role spends their day helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate; generally, this person assists the team in meeting delivery goals and assuring the team has all of the information necessary without undue roadblocks.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - New York
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - Occasionally
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership. Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset
- Supports CA Agile and PPM Optics. CA Agile is used extensively to document and track all technology requirements. This role contributes responsibility to oversee, direct, train and help monitor all activity for the company requirements within CA Agile
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward the goal. The PM is trained as a team facilitator and is constantly engaged in challenging the old norms of development, while keeping the team focused on the goals of the Iteration. Helps the teams achieve quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Helps the team focus on Iteration Goals in the context of current Objectives
- Leads the team’s efforts in relentless improvement. Helps teams improve and take responsibility for their actions. Facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving and works daily to assure the teams become better problem-solvers for themselves
- Facilitates meetings. Facilitates team meetings, including daily scrum meetings, Iteration Planning, and Iteration Retrospective, among others. Meetings could be recurring or ad hoc, with business and IT partners. This roll will field questions, manage issues and risks, set and execute plans and document progress
- BS degree in computer science or related field (Must)
- 5+ years of IT Project Management and/or Scrum Master experience
- 3+ years of working hands-on with System Development Life Cycle
- 1+ years of data gathering/analysis/reporting of project lifecycle deliverables
- Demonstrated knowledge of Scrum best practices
- Demonstrated experience with complex projects in a large organization
- Demonstrated experience managing project financials, Issues and Risks
- Supports estimating. Guides the team in establishing normalized estimating and helps the team estimate Features and Capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Proficiency with Agile methodology
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Proficiency with CA Clarity project management software
- An influencer more than a driver, able to take a position and know how to use your skills to achieve the objective without having direct authority
- Supports the Product Owner. The Product Owner has a special responsibility on the team. This role supports the Product Owner in their efforts and facilitates a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope. Manages cross-functional and cross-application dependencies in cooperation with other program managers, project managers, scrum masters, and team members
- Eliminates impediments. This role actively addresses issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration, anticipating issues and acting proactively to address risks
- Promotes quality practices. Provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done
- Builds a high-performing team. Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Using all their skills, assists teams through conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Partnering with and utilizing organizational resources to achieve objectives
- Protects and communicates. Communicates with management and stakeholders. Protects teams from uncontrolled injection of work
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!