Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
This job represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof.
Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies.
Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - Los Angeles
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - Occasionally
- Can work independently on medium to large complexity efforts, or in support of a Senior or Lead on larger efforts
- Incumbents work efforts in different technologies (infrastructure, mobile, MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software
- May be an expert in a particular business or system domain
- Identify and engage and influence business stakeholders and Subject Matter Expert
- Work with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs
- Partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line
- Familiarity or working knowledge with multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases
- Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Advanced knowledge of Business Management Methodology, Change Management practices and Process Engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of PAS Application
- Knowledge of Artifact Development, Business Rules and/or UI specifications
- Waterfall and Agile project execution methodologies experience
- Assist with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps
- Manage, prioritize, and assess the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders
- Review and accept or decline output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed
- Prepare the business for the change and arm them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team members
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!