Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
Data management is a visible top priority for Lyons Hathaway’s Senior Leaders and our customers, making it an essential function within our enterprise and a key factor for business success. The ideal candidate for the Data Management Consultant role will be focused on the processes needed to ensure and support high quality, uniquely defined data for our customers. Additionally, this role will be focused on support of the content creation efforts as part of the Data Management Programs we run for our customers. You will be responsible for leading offshore data modeling efforts and ensuring overall data modeling needs are addressed for new or existing content.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - Los Angeles
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - Occasionally
- Support the Enterprise Data Strategy, fully understand and communicate/evangelize the business value of data quality within the organization
- Become proficient in the Data Management Policy, Enterprise Business Data Standards, Business Data Naming Standards and the Data Management Operating Model to help support and assist Data Stewards
- Liaise with business segment stakeholders and project managers to ensure data is managed as a corporate asset. Build relationships with Domain Data Stewards and others in technical and business areas to ensure collaboration between project team members
- Create a strong focus and understanding of how our data models fit in our overall metadata strategy and how they help us create a more comprehensive documentation view for our data assets in general
- Develop an expert understanding of the Data Dictionary and Data Quality Business Requirements Artifacts; understand how information is gathered, used, stored, interpreted, and how it is integrated into the metadata repository
- Explore ways to optimize the data collection and load process in coordination with our Metadata Maintenance teams. Propose changes to the load process to gain efficiencies while ensuring quality of metadata is still achieved
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 6+ years of relevant experience in data management
- Solid understanding of data modeling concepts, structures and database design for operational as well as analytical systems. ^Advanced or expert knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of dimensional database structure
- Experience with data quality profiling and metadata software tools desired; willingness to learn new technologies/methodologies and apply them where appropriate
- Strong knowledge and experience with data warehouse concepts, data management tools, metrics gathering, tracking, and reporting
- Experience or familiarity with data extraction/manipulation tools and technologies (e.g. Toad, SQL, Oracle, SAS, Business Objects, Excel (including Power Pivots), Power View, JMP, Tableau, MSBI
- Ability to quickly learn new technical data and data management concepts (Big Data, etc.)
- Ability to research and analyze data for quality and document issues to have them brought to resolution
- Strong proficiency and proven experience using Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint; particularly strong proficiency with Excel, possessing familiarity with VBA macros, tables and formulas
- Management organization to ensure data modeling efforts for Content Creation are supported
- Learn and stay up to date on industry trends and changes in governance/stewardship, data quality and metadata disciplines and how trends and changes could be applied to the current processes and practices
- Support and promote efforts to communicate and assist with training on data standards, policy, processes and tools
- Conduct audits of metadata loads for Data Dictionaries and Data Quality Business Requirements to ensure quality in metadata captured
- Become proficient in the use of the metadata tool and assist in populating or updating metadata as needed
- Coordinate activities with offshore data modeling resource(s) and work with data modeling practice in EDO Data Asset
- Research and analyze data, including data profiling. Assist with data definition, data quality rule creation, and monitoring process
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!