Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Business Product Owner to develop industry knowledge within a fast growing, technology organization. It’s an awesome time to be a part of an organization in its evolutionary stages! This role will work in an Agile structure as part of the Production Solutions team. The incumbent will act as a Business Product Owner of scrum teams. You will transform user requirements into user stories to ensure high quality of development for the client.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - New York
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - Occasionally
- Have a meaningful impact on the mission-critical products and services that clients rely on every single day
- Collaborate with colleagues across business lines and regions
- Work with various lines of business to elicit, analyze and document complex business requirements
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams to build the business case/ project justification (including cost benefit analyses and feasibility studies) and identify risks associated with each requirement
- Lead the appropriate teams to elicit and manage business requirements
- Assist in troubleshooting post implementation issues for large/complex projects
- Assist in project user acceptance test, including reporting and documenting defects, and conducting complex root cause analysis
- Facilitate the discussion that leads to the build versus buy decision
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position or comparable business unit experience
- Prior experience as a Product Owner or comparable experience
- Six Sigma, IIBA Certification a plus
- Approximately 8 or more years of business analysis experience or specialized retail industry experience, including 3-6 years experience in leadership capacity
- Serve as the Business Product Owner
- Develop vision for the product
- Manage the goals and objectives of the product
- Work to turnover high quality releases
- Write and Review User Stories
- Develop Epics and work to break them down into Features and User Stories
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business domain
- Work with internal teams to make sure that the systems and processes are in place to support the products and our customers
- Produce and maintain high quality user documentation
- Ensure requirements align with company goals and the product roadmap
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior team members in business analysis principles, patterns, processes and industry best practices
- Lead the execution on Numerous Fronts, including: Strategist, Business Experience/Knowledge, Architect, Systems Analyst, and Process Engineer
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!