Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
The Director of Business Development is a key management position and is responsible for generating new leads and move-ins from targeted referral sources in order to reach or exceed the company occupancy and sales goals. The Director of Business Development will introduce the company and its array of services to potential customers/clients.
This is an outside sales position that requires the incumbent to customarily and regularly spend more than 50% of his/her working time away from the employer’s place of business selling tangible or intangible items or obtaining orders or contracts for services or use of services.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - Chicago
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - up to 80%
- Creates and maintains effective markets for company services by developing and sustaining effective referral relationships
- Participates in sales team meetings and reports regularly on referral development and current progress on targets
- Evaluates effectiveness and cost benefits of marketing tactics and makes recommendations to alter strategies, as necessary
- Reviews census management practice guidelines, analyzes trends, and takes action to avert deterioration of market share
- Plans and oversees the execution of the company based promotional events, open houses, and educational seminars
- Communicates with media sources to ensure local awareness of company services
- Creates new relationships and maintains a database with potential customers
- BS or BA in marketing/sales
- Marketing 2 years
- Outside Sales 2 years
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing and outside sales in financial industry
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is preferred
- Public relations experience is preferred
- Ability to identify and build relationships within the local area that drives business into the community
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to speak effectively with clients and stakeholders
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database systems
- Superior presentation skills – both in one-on-one and group settings
- Ability to work independently and is self-motivated, and goal-directed
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!