Lyons Hathaway is a company of expert resources in the data management and business analytics software and services domain. We have a comprehensive suite of services targeted to optimize your organizational processes and overall performance in regards to data management, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems.
Through innovative solutions, Lyons Hathaway helps customers to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster while having the confidence that their most important asset is well protected.
The Data Enterprise Architect is responsible for building the big data analytics platform which will serve the needs of all Company product units. As member of the CIO Office, you will ensure that the Corporate Data Platform fulfills the needs of data scientists, developers, and business analysts from the various product units.
Hours, Location & Info
- Primary Location - Houston
- Schedule - Full-time
- Job Type - Standard
- Shift - Day Job
- Travel - Occasionally
- Gather and analyze the data analytics needs of the Company's products units
- Select appropriate cloud and/or on-premise infrastructure (with the support of infrastructure architects) and tools to build our corporate Data Platform
- Manage the full life-cycle of a the data platform. This includes creating the requirements analysis, design of the technical architecture, implementation, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, participative environment, with customers, vendors and colleagues
- Must be self-driven and self-motivated, while being an effective team player and an active listener
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, Master’s preferred
- Experience with the major open source and/or commerical big data solutions such as the Hadoop Data Platform (including components e.g. HDFS / YARN / Spark / Storm / Hive / HBase), MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Good understanding of data governance and data security challenges
- Familiarity with related tools such as Apache NiFi/Atlas/Ranger is a plus
- Familiarity with major programming/scripting languages e.g Java, Python, R, Scala
- Ability to document use cases, solutions and recommendations
- Experience in designing solutions for large, federated data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and knowledge on NoSQL platforms
- Experience with one of the large cloud-computing infrastructure solutions such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Strong communication skills (written/spoken)
- Results-oriented with strong problem-solving and service oriented skills, as well as sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to focus on critical business issues and demonstrate flexibility to make progress in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
Lyons Hathaway is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Join our team of global experts and work with us to reshape the face of Data Management across the globe!